Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 3

Another busy one, just a few more days until we have custody!
We started the day by going to the regional ministry of child welfare and meeting with the social worker to sign some documents.  Then, back out to the village, even though we took the highway, it still took 1 hour and 30 minutes.  The plan for today was to pick her up and take her out, without the foster mother.  The translator decided we should go to Tesco which is like British Walmart.  The car ride there went smoothly, she slept most of the way.  We pushed her in the stroller around Tesco.  It was a little odd, we felt obligated to buy her something, though we didn't need anything at the moment.  We bought her a packet of hair clips with flowers on them and toy cookware.  The trip back was fine, she stayed awake but traveled easily.  When we got back we played with the new cookware, which was a hit.  She pretended to cook me something and I pretended it was too hot when she gave it to me.  Later the foster mother called us in for lunch and she pretended that it was too hot saying "hot, hot, hot" in English.  We played some more until nap time, then it was time for us to go.
This evening, we went to one of the mineral baths in the town we are staying.  It was nice, clean and fun.  I was remarking how nice that all the tile is nonslip on the pool decks, but managed to slip and whack my head on one of the slides.  I put a nice gash between my eyes, and head wounds bleed a lot.  Still waiting to see if I'm going to have a black eye or two.  The life guards taped me up, but it was too late this evening to find a pharmacy that's open for butterfly closures or at least more tape to change the bandage.
Hopefully my new look doesn't scare her and she still recognizes me without my glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment