Friday, October 11, 2013

One Year Ago

Last October on a Friday afternoon I got that call...
I honestly hadn't been preoccupied with work and getting our documents together.  We were still preparing our dossier for Bulgaria.  There were still a few more documents to track down before we sent it out to Children's House.  They would then send it to be translated and then we would begin to wait for the MOJ. 
Only, it didn't happen that way.
Chris had the car.  He had gone to the mountains to go climbing with some friends.  It was Columbus Day weekend and they had 3 days off work.  I was getting a ride home with a collegue.  My phone rings.
"Can we send you a picture?  I know you have a strong connection to Bulgaria- but would you consider this little one?"
A girl..from Hungary.. this was rare.  There are more boys in orphanages around the world and Hungary only did 4 adoptions to the United States in 2011 (the latest information available to me at the time).
I had to track down Chris- no cell phone service, no land line to reach him at. 
I opened my e-mail and saw this smiling face.

And the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment