Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year!  One of my friends recommended that I start my New Year's resolutions the second week of the new year.  Its a great idea if you think about it, trying to eat healthy Jan. 1st when the house is still filled with holiday sweets? 
So my new year resolutions are to count my calories, in an effort to be healthier.  I got an app for my phone where I can input what I eat and exercises.  An most importantly, to finish my application and related paper work.
After much debating, we decided to go with Children's House International.  There are many different agencies that are Hague accredited to complete adoptions in Bulgaria.  I chose CHI after having my sister, an accountant, review their 990.  I like that they are a large agency, with a great deal of resources.  They are financially sound; some agencies were surprisingly in the red.  They are in Washington State, so we will need another agency to do the home study, but I have spoken with some case workers at CHI and they provided me with agencies here in our own state.  The hardest part for the application is tracking down all the financial information.  How much is our house worth?  Car, life insurance policies, 401k, etc?  I have a few more things to track down, then we'll be ready to send it off!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I love hearing that other people are also using the same agency we are :) We sent our application just Feburary 16th so just started our journey ourselves. We're working with Nina. Who's your CW at CHI?

    ReplyDelete