Friday, June 22, 2012

Birth Certificate has Arrived!


Almost have all our dossier documents ready to send out to CHI! 
I was really beginning to feel nostalgia for the New York attitude:  "You want a record of your birth and you have your original birth certificate, so alls I gotta do is pull it up on my computer and mail it to ya?  Forget aboud it!"  Well just 12 short weeks later and $60 my birth certificate has arrived.  I thought I was going to have to drive to Albany to knock some heads.  That's right you heard me Patacki, err Spitzer, I mean Patterson- wait who is the governor now?  I still have to travel up there to get it apostilled, but we'll be in NY for a wedding next week. 
Chris's experience was a little different: "Ok, we'll send your birth certificate and apostille it and it should be in 2 weeks.  Oh and that will be $15, sorry to inconvenience you, sir."  Those Northerners, so polite, might as well be Canadians. It came in just 2 weeks. 
Now we're putting the pressure on the home study agency to "get her done."  Our social worker has now lost documents three times. 
Then the dossier goes to Children's House to be translated and sent to Bulgaria.  Then about 6-12 weeks later we'll be registered with the Ministry of Justice!  And just 12 to 18 more months until the little guy comes home after that.  Wait, are you telling me we still have to wait 2 years!  No, no this is progress.  We're a huge leap closer!

1 comment:

  1. I first of all just want to say congrats on all the progress you’ve made in your journey! I was wondering though how you went about obtaining your birth certificate as opposed to your husband’s, why did yours take so much longer? I’ve heard of people using an online service called VitalChek for retrieving copies of their birth certificates and they’ve always received them quickly.

    -Allie

    p.s. I really love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete