Sunday, January 27, 2013

Grown Ups

It's funny how you never feel like a grown up.  I remember when I realized I was one- I was 27 at the time.  I had already been working in schools for 3+ years at that point.  There was a fire drill, we all exited the building, and one first grader said to a friend: "how come all the grown ups are always outside first?"  I remember thinking, "oops, where am I supposed to be?" before realizing, that I was (of course) the grown up to which he was referring. 
We leave tomorrow to pick up our daughter, and I can't help thinking "are we old enough to do this?"
Chris also expressed he couldn't believe they were letting us do this, do they even know who we are?  We are meeting our daughter for the first time exactly 6 months before my 30th birthday, that's surely old enough, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to say that 30 is old enough, but from personal experience, after being parents for 18 months, Craig and I still sometimes look at each other and say, "Aren't we too young for this whole thing?" It's a funny feeling when the age you perceive yourself to be doesn't quite match up with what the rest of the world sees or what your birth certificate says.

    ReplyDelete