Saturday, January 26, 2013

Last Day of Work

Friday was the last day of work for both Chris and I- well I should say "paid work"- as our friend reminded us we won't be at our jobs but this is certainly not a vacation ;-)
Big changes for both us.  Chris will be on a new assignment when he comes back, and I won't be going back to work for 3 months.  It was difficult for me to explain to the students where I'll be going.
Here are some exchanges I've had in the past few days:
"I'm going to Hungary..."---"that must be near Turkey."
"I'm leaving for 12 weeks"---"Why 12 weeks?"  How do you explain that's how long FMLA is to a 1st grader?
"I'm adopting a little girl"--- "Good, because boys are crazy"- surprisingly from the sweetest little boy, who is not at all crazy, maybe he's got a little brother.
"I'm going to be gone for 3 months..."- "You get 3 months off school for adopting a baby, I'm going to do that!"
"I'm leaving because I am adopting a little girl"--- "That's the best reason!" awww ;-)

Just 2 make my last week a little sweeter- 2 hour snow delay on Thursday and 2 hour early release due to inclement weather on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment