Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In 7 days...

In just 7 days, everything will change.  We'll be driving through the Hungarian country side en route to our little pumpkin's orphanage.
All the preparations will have been worth it.  We've been busy studying Hungarian with Simon and Schuster's Pimsleur CD's (so much easier than "Teach Yourself" or Rosetta Stone series).  I even got the "Little Pim" DVD's for our peanut to learn some English. 
We're still busy with preparations, but our to-do list is shrinking.  All the child locks are on and gates are up- and my 2 year old nephew dropped in Saturday to test them all out.  (And to prepare our cat for some major life changes :)  I still need to have the car seat checked, pick up a gift for our translator, and finish packing, oh and do laundry...  But some friends will be staying over our house while we are gone to keep an eye on things and feed the cats while their kitchen is remodeled.

I keep hearing "are you ready," and I don't know how to answer it.  Can you ever be ready?  "We are prepared" I say.
 

2 comments:

  1. How amazing that the day is almost here. We'll be thinking about you & your family of 3. Wishing you a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember well how we felt before we traveled to get Rex. We knew once we walked out our door, life would never be the same when we returned.

    I hope you can update the blog from Hungary. I am excited to read how things go.

    ReplyDelete