Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fundraising has begun!

Today was Valentine's and I totally felt the love!!  I woke up to a phone call to my husband who is out of town for work, but it kept getting better.  
I sent out an e-mail yesterday asking for help in our fundraising efforts, and believe me- "ask and ye shall receive"!  We got such a positive response!
- several people volunteered to sell raffle tickets - these people are all over the country, so we need to choose something portable like a tablet PC as the prize for easier shipping
-lots of suggestions for great fundraisers and places to ask for grant money!
- one friend is moving and selling her furniture on Craigslist and will send us the proceeds!
-several friends have offered to help with fundraisers when we do one in our city
- Chris's mom wants to organize something up by them
- one Bulgarian friend offered us a place to stay when we are in Sofia!
- a friend has offered to sponsor our adoptive parenting courses (required part of any Hague adoption)!!
- our minister has been super supportive, she has suggested we have another yard sale here and we can do it at the church because it is near a popular weekend farmer's market (lots of foot traffic) and we don't have a yard, just a stoop.
This is the best Valentine's Day ever!  I was surprised when my husband sent me flowers at work, even though he is overseas on a work assignment!  And I am so happy to see how loved and blessed we are.  We are feeling the love today.  The funding of the adoption was the most intimidating part, but now we know we have a lot of people who support us. 
Here are my flowers...can you tell where I work?  Oh, institutional cabinetry.. I'd like to thank my big sister for my work coffee pot ;-)

Don't forget February 14th is the Bulgarian Holiday of Wine- Trifon Zarazen! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That's great news. Fundraising will be a lot of work, but it also really brings out the best in people and is very rewarding. Good luck and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete