Saturday, February 25, 2012

Second Guessing

I am really doubting my decision for my home study agency.  It has been 3 weeks since we sent in our application and we have not heard from them.  I called them last week, on the 17th, and they assured me someone would get back to me by the 21st, since it was a holiday weekend.  I called again on the 24th and just got a voicemail.  I checked my account, they cashed the check for the application on the 22, more than 2 weeks after we sent it.  They were so quick to respond when we were researching homestudy agencies, but now that they have the check in hand, they can drag their feet. 
I don't know who our social worker is and they haven't contacted us or our references.  I want to know what we need to do to get this process started, but they are the biggest obstacle at this point. 
Is it too late to ditch them and find an agency that is more responsive?  Can we get our check back- its not like they have provided us with any service?

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever call the BBB in your area to see if they had any complaints filed against them? Home studies take long enough to compile as it is and it's certainly not helpful to be working with an unresponsive or slow agency that might behave this way not just in their cooperation with you, but also your placing agency. They could cost you a lot of time.

    What was the check for? Was it just an application fee for them to review if they would take you as clients? If so, the money might be gone. But if it was for services, you should be able to get the funds back, legally speaking, though it might be a fight to actually have that happen.

    Why are there only three options for HS in your area? If there's a local adoption group/forum, you could try to get in touch with them and see what HS agencies are out there. I was pretty shocked how many we have in our neck of the woods once I knew who to ask.

    ReplyDelete