Saturday, February 18, 2012

Working on the Homestudy

We sent our Home Study application in 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back (and they haven't cashed our check).  I called them on Friday, it's a different agency than our adoption agency, since our adoption agency is in Washington State.  Not too many agencies operate in our little "not state," so we need to use a different agency for the Home Study.  I was informed that they would get back to me "in a few days," to see if they got the application.  I know its a holiday weekend, but don't they have computers?  We had to choose five references in our local area, and none have been contacted since I last checked in with them.  I hope they don't throw a wrench in the process. 
The home study is an important part of determining if prospective parents are ready to be adoptive parents- they check your background, employment status, finacial status, and they inspect your home.  Its weird to "baby proof" our house and set up a kid's room when we don't know anything about this kid.  How old, if its a boy or girl and what the needs will be.  Although, it will most likely be a toddler, so it is good to think about baby proofing, becuase we need to hit the ground running.  Usually, parents have a few months before their kids are mobile and sticking things in their mouths- we won't have that luxury. 
I told Chris I would drive up to Lake Wobegone and get these social workers moving, but he has informed me that not all Lutherans are associated with "A Prairie Home Companion."
Current status is waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment