Monday, March 26, 2012

Lives Touched by Adoption

Before I started my adoption journey, I knew several people whose lives had been touched by adoption.  I knew one colleague had adopted from Russia, one from Russia and China.  One colleague has several domestically adopted grandchildren.  I grew up with friends who had been adopted domestically and from Korea.  Its interesting, now that we are adopting, many people share with us how they have been touched by adoption.  A friend and colleague shared, last Friday, that two of her kids are adopted- one through foster care.  I learned today of another colleague whose daughter was adopted.  I love hearing other people's adoption stories- the wait, the paperwork, the struggles, but everyone agrees it was worth it.   All different children need placements for adoption, all races, backgrounds, abilities and needs and all ages.  We're excited to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment