Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sharing the News

Sharing the news of expanding your family is always exciting.  With adoption, its a little different.  You can announce, "we're adopting a baby, (in 2 years)".   Still, I didn't want to keep it a secret.  I told my administrators at work.  They were excited for us.  After I told them, I could tell everyone else.  I had already told some of my closest friends.  I didn't want it to be a secret or a rumor, and besides I couldn't wait to tell everyone.  At Monday's staff meeting, we always start with "new and good."  Someone's engaged and someone else is pregnant, someone's child got into an Ivy League school and I got to share my news!  Many colleagues have adopted, one from Russia, our former administrator had 6 adopted kids!  Last weekend we got to share our news with our friends.  Now everyone knows and we don't have to keep it quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment