Thursday, March 15, 2012

Making friends with the notary

Chris and I need to have child abuse clearances for every state we have lived or worked in since we've turned 18.  We also need police clearances for the past 5 years.  This is a lot of paper work.  Some states will let you run the police clearance online, like PA, but most make you print forms and get them notarized.  I brought my stack of clearances to Navy Federal today to get notarized.  The notary told me the limit was 2 per day, but when I told her it was for an adoption, she notarized them all.  Apparently she was going through an adoption too.  She has 2 children, but always wanted a third.  Things weren't working out for them, so they decided to adopt.  They are doing a domestic adoption through CPS.  Its interesting to hear tales from the trenches of different types of adoptions.  Its reassuring to hear from people go through the same things.
Interestingly, I have lived in BG and UK and they don't have child abuse registries, so that gets waived.  But the police clearance does not, even though there is no central registry for Bulgaria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment